Nando’s is committed to minimising the environmental impacts of our packaging and packaged products, including efficient use of resources during manufacture and distribution.
So to stay true to our word, Nando’s Australia signed the Australian Packaging Covenant. We are committed to the Covenant’s goals and targets, and to making a difference to minimise the environmental impacts of packaging.
We are committed to:
- Protecting and delivering goods efficiently with minimum environmental impact
- Using materials, water and energy more efficiently
- Reducing the amount of waste and litter generated by packaging through facilitating the waste hierarchy – Avoid, Re-use, Recycle, Recover, Contain, Dispose
- Minimising negative impacts of packaging and packaged products on humans and the natural environment
- Ensuring effective and clearly demonstrated practices are in place to address environmental concerns in the Product Development and Review process for packaging and packaged products
Check out the Australian Packaging Convenant website.